I have been reading the epistles lately and have discovered (again) they are full of powerful prayers. I took six of these prayers and personalized them so that you and I can pray these prayers for ourselves everyday. There is absolutely nothing more powerful than praying Scripture back to the Father!
Daily Prayers – personalized from prayers in New Testament
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Col 4:2
All Scripture is from the NIV ©2010
1. Glorious Father, I ask that you give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I may know you better. I pray that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened in order that I may know the hope to which you have called me, that I may know the riches of your glorious inheritance in the saints, and that I may know your incomparably great power for me who believes. (Eph 1:17-19)
2. El Shaddai, I pray that out of your glorious riches you may strengthen me with power through your Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the your holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of you. (Eph 3:16-19)
3. Heavenly Father, I ask that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. (Eph 6:19)
4. Lord God, I pray that my love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that I may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of you. (Phil 1:9-11)
5. Dear Lord, I continually ask you to fill me with the knowledge of your will through all the wisdom and understanding that your Spirit gives, so that I may live a life worthy of you and please you in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of you, being strengthened with all power according to your glorious might so that I may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to you, who has qualified me to share in the inheritance of your holy people in the kingdom of light. Thank you for rescuing me from the dominion of darkness and bringing me into the kingdom of your Son. (Col 1:9-13)
6. Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. (Col 4:3-4)
Download these prayers in pdf format here.